This blog post will show you our favorite Javanese kebaya style- kebaya merah. Kebaya merah is the perfect way to add a touch of sophistication to any outfit- hitting the town with your friends. So if you’re ever looking for an elegant and stylish option, look no further than Javanese kebaya merah!
Kebaya Merah: What is it?
We have the perfect tutorial if you’ve ever wanted to try out a kebaya style but needed help figuring out where to start! Gather your materials: a red shawl or scarf, a light blue dress, and matching blue earrings. To make the kebaya:
- Tie the shawl around your neck like a headband.
- Leave enough room at the back to tie it in a knot once it’s fully tied.
- Layer your dress over the shawl and tuck it in underneath.
- Ensure the bottom of your dress is tucked behind your shawl, so it doesn’t drag on the ground when walking.
- secure it with an elastic band.
How to Make Kebaya Merah: The Recipe
When it comes to kebaya merah, the Javanese style kebaya, there are no wrong ways to make one. In fact, with a few basic steps and ingredients, you can create a beautiful and colorful kebaya that will be sure to wow your guests!
To begin, gather all of the necessary supplies. You’ll need some red fabric (preferably cotton or silk), white Fabric for the collar and front of the dress, a blue or green fabric for the skirt, a bias tape maker or ironing board and iron, and any decorative buttons or trim you may want to add.
1) Sew together two pieces of red Fabric about 18 inches square. This will be the front of your dress.
2) Measure 2 1/2 inches from one long side of the red fabric square and draw a line across it. Make another line down the long opposite side of the square. Pin these lines together so that they form a rectangle.
3) Sew along these lines using a straight stitch or zigzag stitch, being careful not to stretch the fabric too much in either direction. Leave a seam allowance of 1 inch on all sides. Trim off any excess fabric, so your finished rectangle measures 18 inches by 12 inches.
4) Next, sew together two pieces of white fabric about 18 inches square (or larger if you’d like). Again, make sure to measure out 2 1/2 inches from one
Tips for Making Perfect Kebaya Merah: Preparation Tips
A few tips will help you make the perfect kebaya merah!
1. Start with a good foundation—This is probably the most important step in kebaya merah. A good base will ensure that your kebaya merah will hold up throughout the cooking process and look professional. Depending on your preferences, you can use an all-purpose flour or cornstarch mixture to thicken the batter. For a more saucy kebaya, add some eggs.
2. Use fresh ingredients—It’s especially important to use fresh ingredients for kebaya merah because they impart a lot of flavor to the dish. Try to use seasonal produce whenever possible, as this will give your kebayaMERAH an extra special touch!
3. Don’t be afraid of color—Kebaya merah is known for its rich, red hue, so don’t use any coloring agents in your batter. Make sure to choose colors that harmonize well with each other and won’t overwhelm your dish.
4. Be patient—Like most traditional Javanese dishes, kebaya merah takes time and patience to cook correctly. The dish should simmer for about 30 perfectly.
5. Serve hot!—Don’t forget to serve your hot
Final Thoughts on Kebaya Merah: A Favorite Javanese Style Kebaya!
Kebaya merah (red kebaya) is one of our favorite Javanese style kebaya. This type of kebaya is very popular in Java, especially in cities like Surabaya and Yogyakarta. It’s a classic example of a traditional Javanese dress that has been adapted for modern times.
The red kebaya is made from a light cotton fabric with a red pattern. The neckline and sleeves are high, giving the dress an elegant look. It’s perfect for formal events or summer weddings!
If you’re looking for a beautiful but comfortable Javanese-style kebaya, we recommend trying out the red kebaya!